Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book my inspection?
- In order to book your inspection, you need to coordinate an appropriate time with your realtor. If that has already been established, you can book it here on our website or give us a call at (281) 569-9277. Once the date and time is set, we will take it from there!
How long do home inspections usually take?
- The home inspection process varies based on square footage, age of the home and any additional amenities that might be included (such as pools, sprinkler systems, etc.). Normally, the process will take between 2-3 hours. At Property Doctors, we pride ourselves on being a bit more thorough. The process will take about 3-4 hours, but that is also dependent upon the size of the home. The best gauge is to know that it will take at least 3 hours to complete. Additional time is necessary to complete the report, but you will receive the report within a few hours of completion.
Once the inspection is completed, when will I receive my report?
- Your report will be provided to you within 24 hours of completion of the inspection. In most cases, you will receive the report within a few hours of completion of the inspection. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the client, an inspector must deliver the written report to the client within two days after the inspector receives payment for the inspection (TREC §535.222).
Do I need to be present during the inspection?
- It is not necessary to be present during the inspection. You are more than welcome to attend, however, it is a fairly long process. We do encourage the client to schedule a walk-through at the end of the inspection. This will make the make the report easier to understand once it is received.
When should I schedule my inspection?
- When scheduling your inspection, it is always best to have the inspection complete as soon as possible once the option period has begun. This will allow for additional time to schedule appointments for specialists (plumbers, HVAC technicians, etc.) to further evaluate any findings in the inspection report.
What do I do once I receive my report?
- If further evaluation is recommended in the report, make sure to contact your realtor and schedule any further appointments as soon as possible.
What happens if I have question in the future?
- When you hire Houston Property Doctors, we are your inspectors for life. If you have any questions a year from now or ten years from now, we are here to help.
Is a mold inspection included with the home inspection?
- Unfortunately, mold inspections are not included in the home inspection process. If organic material is observed during the home inspection, further evaluation from a mold inspector will be recommended.
Make sure to review our Insurance Agreement here for more details and information about your inspection.